Jordan's Mission Apartments


View Jordan's Apartments in a larger map

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chelsie Rose

Dear Family,

I really can't believe that January is already nearly finished. This last week and a half FLEW by. We started off on a training tour last Tuesday that took us through yesterday. We went first to Kuching where we did some fun exchanges and had a really awesome training. All of the exchanges we got to do this time were way fun because we usually will only go on exchanges with the zone leaders, but this time we picked out some specific Elders that we wanted to see work. I thought it was excellent because it really helped us to see much better what is going on in the mission.

We went from Kuching to Sibu, where I spent my birthday. I got to go over to the awesome recent converts' house (known around Sibu as "The Big House") and they threw me a party. It was incredible! It's actually the same place where I spent my birthday last year! I've attached a picture of Chelsie Rose. She has gotten so big in the past year! She's now about 13 months old. The other picture that's attached is the family. Best birthday ever.
Chelsie Rose

Chelsie Rose and her family

From Sibu we took off to give our training and do exchanges in Bintulu, Miri, Tawau, KK, and Sandakan. Wow, it was a very exhausting trip. I still haven't quite recovered. In speaking of KK, I found out this week that Kelvin got his mission call to the London South Mission! He's way nervous because he feels that his English isn't good enough, but he'll be amazing.

Next week we'll be leaving Monday evening to go all through West Malaysia for another week-long tour. It'll be fun. I feel kinda like a zombie though and I don't know if I'll ever really be able to catch up on the amount of sleep I've lost since I've been in the office. I'm thinking that I might not want to go to school in the Spring after all so that I can just hibernate over the summer and start in the fall. Just kidding.

But about this whole school thing, February 1st has really snuck up on me and I haven't even really thought about what classes I want to take. Chelsie offered to help, and because she's been at it for awhile and knows what professors are good and which ones aren't, I'm thinking I'll just let her take care of most of it.

Awesome story of the week... So while we were in Miri, I was on exchanges with an Elder named Elder Pingle. He's a stud and it was a way fun exchange, but unfortunately as an Assistant I get the opportunity to ride all of the worst spare bikes in the mission for exchanges. Miri's spare was an awesome old Sister's bike. I looked pretty funny, but that's not really part of the story.

Anywho, we were riding down the street, and I was just jabbering away, not really paying attention to what was in front of me, when all of a sudden a spider-web gets me in the face. As a pedaled a few more times, I realized that it wasn't a spider-web, but some kind of string stretched across the road because it kept getting tighter and tighter as I pedaled. Turns out, there was a kid's kite that was stuck in the tree, and he was standing across the street trying to pull it out of the tree. I hit the string (which was actually fishing line) with my face, but as I kept going, it got tighter and tighter and kept pulling me farther and farther backwards. Then it slipped around my neck and I thought "wrugh ough!", so I busted out this sweet matrix move on my bike and the line finally broke free of my face, but it did leave a nice little gash on my neck. The moral of this story is that if you don't like looking stupid, a mission is not the place for you.

I'll be in touch over the next few days because I'm getting the list of hotels from Sister Carpenter tomorrow. I'll also see if we can get a morning flight to Sibu on that day when we were going to take the boat. You're right dad, the boat would take way too long, but I'm not exactly sure if there's a better flight.

Welp, I've gotta run, but I hope everybody is hanging in there. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Troxel

No comments:

Mission Field Pictures