Jordan's Mission Apartments


View Jordan's Apartments in a larger map

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Warp Speed

Dear family of mine,

I will apologize now because this email is going to be really short. I'm now entering a time warp that will bring me to the end of my mission. For the last 4 days we have worked tirelessly (just kidding, I'm really tired) to try and get mission tour all organized.

Elder Watson got here today and we'll have the first training meeting tomorrow in Singapore, then to KL on Friday, Sibu on Saturday, then Miri on Monday. Then next week we'll have a couple days to finish our other training before Elder Stone and I take off for our two week training tour.

When that's all over, we've got another training that we'll have to give at the zone leader counsel the second week of February. That gives us just enough time to prepare for our visiting authorities tour. AH! Then I'm done.

It's been a strange week for me. I got to go on exchanges will my MTC companion Elder Shipp. He is a funny guy. We were with him for new years, which actually turned out to be pretty wild.

We got to that area at about 2:30 in the morning of Dec 31st. We went to the zone leaders' apartment at 3am. When we got there, Elder Stone realized that he left his luggage on the bus! the next day, he called the driver, and the driver told him that it was still on the bus, but that he wouldn't be back in town until 2:30 the next morning! So we stayed up all night, celebrating the new year and reminiscing, then we took the ferry across the river to get his baggage at the bus station. Pretty crazy.

Elder Pace, a very close friend of mine from the MTC, went home today. He decided to go home a month early for school, and I'm extending a month, so now we've got a two month gap. It was weird though. He's gone! Another one bites the dust!

Thanks for all of your prayers. I'll need them for the next couple months. I'm in a sprint to the finish, however, if you recall, I've never been a strong finisher in a race... Lets just hope that's just a problem with physical stamina and that I'll be able to push through to the finish line.

I love you all.

-Elder Troxel

No comments:

Mission Field Pictures